Important Update: AMSL's Commitment during COVID-19
Posted Mar 24, 2020.
Important Message from AMSL General Manager, Ian Slater on COVID-19
The impact of COVID-19 has been unprecedented as it continues to affect people and organisations around the world. The Federal Government, State Governments and Health Authorities continue to provide detailed guidelines on how to mitigate risks and ensure containment. We encourage all of our customers to review these guidelines.
In addition, AMSL would like to proactively inform you of our contingency plans and actions.
Health and Safety
Our priority has always been our customers, our staff and their families. Complementing this, our priority is to ensure the services we provide to the industry are not interrupted and implementing policies to minimise the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
AMSL’s Response Team
AMSL’s existing Work Health and Safety Committee has been tasked to regularly monitor and respond to any developing events as they occur. Business continuity measures have been proactively implemented to prevent and alleviate disruption to the services we provide.
In the interests of all parties, AMSL:
- has applied the advice provided in the Department of Health ‘Information for Employers’ guidance document.
- will monitor the Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert for any updates and continue to follow the latest advice.
- has applied a travel ban on all international travel.
- has placed restrictions on domestic travel.
- has applied a ban on all group meetings.
- is continually discussing measures to alleviate the effect of COVID-19.
- has implemented special hygiene arrangements for its own staff and between staff & couriers.
- confirmed availability of stock with major overseas suppliers.
Continuity of Service
We reassure you that:
- our Customer Service and Internal Support staff continue to operate as per normal; and
- our Warehouse and Delivery services continue to operate as per normal.
Supply and Inventory
We have received confirmations from our critical suppliers that no foreseeable supply issues are expected due to COVID-19.
We are however, experiencing significant demand for our products and are responding to these needs as quickly as possible. Our existing inventory levels are adequately positioned to prevent disruption to supply however unanticipated buying trends and the rapid development of measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 may impact this.
Many of our products provide lifesaving functions and require the use of medical consumables. It is important now more than ever that AMSL and its customers communicate and work together to ensure the supply of products where they are needed most. It is equally vital that there is no stockpiling.
Delivery and Courier Interactions
Receipt of goods into our warehouse is unaffected and correspondingly, dispatch of products to customers will continue as per normal.
We understand the challenges these exceptional circumstances create and will continue to apply a flexible and dynamic approach to manage our business operation. Further communication will be forthcoming should there be any updates.