The AspireAssist Aspiration Therapy System is a weight loss solution for people with obesity.
The AspireAssist System gives patients control over their weight loss by a method known as Aspiration Therapy. With Aspiration Therapy, patients “aspirate” (drain) a portion of their stomach content after each meal through an endoscopically-implanted tube, reducing the number of calories absorbed by the body. The tube is implanted in the stomach, and leads to a small, low-profile port at the surface of the skin. Aspiration performed about 20 minutes after a meal will remove about 30% of the calories consumed. The AspireAssist System is used in conjunction with a lifestyle modification program including a balanced diet and exercise. The system requires careful and comprehensive medical monitoring. Patients should consult their healthcare professionals to see if this product is suitable.
- Indicated for long-term use
- Reversible through a 15-minute procedure
- Simple 20 minute outpatient procedure, no general anaesthesia required
- Quick recovery – patients discharged within 2 hours on average
- Patients can eat normal, healthy meals
- Reinforces gradual, positive changes in eating behaviours