Sample Collection and Transport - Whirl-Pak® Sterile Sample Bags
Development of Whirl-Pak Bags
Developed over 50 years ago and made in the U.S.A., Whirl-Pak bags were the first sterile sample bags on the market. Whirl-Pak bags made possible the “universal sample system,” which means that a single sample can be used for all tests required for quality control, product content, and legal compliance. Whirl-Pak sample bags are a co-extrusion of low-density and linear low-density, virgin polyethylene, giving the bags two important characteristics:
• Exceptionally clear film — easy to see through
• Superior strength — unbreakable sample container
They may be used for taking samples of liquids, semi-solids, or solids. Whirl-Pak bags are patented under Patent No. 2,973,131 and other patents pending. The film thickness varies from 2.25 mils (0.057 mm) to 4.0 mils (0.102 mm), depending on size and style. Because of the high-quality blended polyethylene, a high mil thickness is not required to achieve optimum strength.
"Puncture Proof Tabs"
All Whirl-Pak bags feature “PUNCTURE-PROOF TABS.” This patented process extends the tape on the tab past the aluminum wire ends eliminating the sharp points which could puncture the bags, scratch a person’s hands, or puncture gloves. This important product feature is found only on Whirl-Pak, making it easier and safer to use than any other laboratory sample bag! The “PUNCTURE-PROOF TABS” process is patented under No. 5,180,229.
+1 Sterilization - Only Whirl-Pak bags carry this important feature.
+1 Sterilization is the process of sterilising sealed cartons of Whirl-Pak® bags after manufacturing using ethylene oxide gas at an independent ISO-certified facility. This process saves valuable preparation time and eliminates concern about sample integrity. To ensure the bags are sterile, a Parametric Release Process is used to confirm that all processing parameters are met and maintained throughout the sterilisation cycle. The bags are shipped free from human contact in a secure liner bag inside the sealed carton. Lot numbers on every carton provide traceability of official sterility documentation, which is available at www.whirl-pak.com or from Nasco.
- Whirl-Pak bags are not autoclavable
- Look for the Whirl-Pak Name. Each and every bag is clearly marked with “Whirl-Pak” on the bag. If it doesn’t say Whirl-Pak …it’s not our patented +1 sterilized bag
- If You Have to Go to Court — for your peace of mind, (as well as following good laboratory practices), should you be challenged in court, always use Whirl-Pak bags
Standard Methods Says - Standard Methods (18th edition, 1992, section 9060A, sample containers) states “For some applications, samples may be collected in pre-sterilised plastic bags.” Whirl-Pak bags meet this description.
Reduced Storage Space
Reduced Storage Space using Whirl-Pak bags
• Whirl-Pak bags save 90% more space than other types of containers
• Valuable space savings in the lab, vehicle, warehouse, etc.
• Significant savings on shipping costs
• Easy disposal after use
Box of 500 Whirl-Pak Bags versus 500 beakers
• A felt-tip marker can be used to write on the plain bags
• Regular pens or pencils can be used on the special write-on surface
• Positive ID eliminates confusion and mistakes during testing and analysis procedures
By whirling or tightly folding the tab over three times, the Whirl-Pak bag becomes a leakproof container, which:
• Eliminates the loss of a valuable sample
• Prevents impurities from entering the bag and contaminating the sample
• Click here to choose from a variety of pdf downloads in different languages
• Click here order a free pad of 25 instruction sheets
Importance of Sample Collection
Proper sampling procedures are of vital importance. Laboratory findings are completely dependent on the quality of the sample collected. It is imperative that each sample be representative of the lot from which it came, and that it arrives at the laboratory in the same condition it was in at the collection point. There should be no change in chemical, physical, or biological character. You will enjoy the ease with which you can use the bag, and be amazed by the strength of it as well. Most important, see for yourself the money-saving advantages of Nasco’s Whirl-Pak sample bags.
ISO9001 - Whirl-Pak Bags are manufactured under a quality management system certified to ISO9001, except B01299WA, B01350WA, B01392WA, B01422WA, B01423WA, B01475WA, and B01478WA which require an additional processing step done outside of regular production.