Dipslides - Dimanco LTD
Bacterial Detecting Dipslides:
Product - Description
- BT2 - Nutrient Agar with TTC. Most colonies show up as red spots. For general use in a wide variety of areas.
- PC2 - Plate Count agar; a good general growth medium suitable for all total count applications, but of particular use for dairy products
- PC2T - (As above) with TTC "Red Spot Dye"
- BTM2 - Nutrient Agar with TTC and Malt Extract Agar. Malt Extract Agar is a growth medium for yeasts and moulds which reduces bacterial growth. High levels of bacteria can overwhelm the suppression.
- RBS - Tryptone Soya Agar with TTC and Rose Bengal Agar. Rose Bengal is a selective agar for yeasts and moulds, however, the antibiotic content can cause interference with the total count reading.
- PO - A Plate Count Agar and OGYE Agar. OGYE is a selective agar using Oxytetracycline. This antibiotic is sensitive to temperature and should not be incubated at temperatures above 25 deg. C. Suitable for food microbiology, includes neutralisers for the most common germicides.
- BRB2 - Double Rose Bengal for yeasts and moulds only. Rose Bengal is taken up by small colonies, which show up as pink dots and are easier to count.
- SC2 - A plate count agar/ MacConkey No.3 Agar. MacConkey No.3 is a coliform specific medium that suppresses all non coliform bacteria. The coliform group includes most of the important causative organisms of food poisoning. The plate count agar gives a general count of viable aerobic organisms.
- SCN - Same as SC2, but including neutralisers for most common germicides. This slide improves the recovery of sub lethally damaged organisms, which could cause problems if left, but which do not normally show up on culture plates because traces of disinfectant have been transferred. This slide is most useful for assessing the effectiveness of cleaning procedures.
- SCT - Same as SC2, but with addition of TTC "Red Spot Dye" in the Plate Count medium
- PCV - Plate Count and VRBG Agar. VRBG is a bile based medium without lactose and is selective for Enterbacteriaceae. This group includes Coliforms. Plate Count is a general growth Agar
- TV - As PCV, but including neutralisers (see SCN/PO)
- TP - Nutrient Agar and Pseudomonas CFC Agar. For the detection of all pseudomonas species
- TT2 - Standard urine dipslide with CLED/MacConkey. Useful for a wide variety of screening test. Represents a considerable saving in time and money over standard MSU techniques. Dual Media slides give more information than single media types
- BV - Baird Parker Agar and VRBG Agar. For Staphylococci and Enterbacteriaceae
- E - VRBG Agar both sides
- BP - Baird Parker Agar both sides
In addition to the above range of standard products, Dimanco will manufacture to special order, slides to individual customer specifications, in batches from as little as 1500 slides. The formulation of such products is the responsibility of the customer, and we are unable to guarantee the efficacy of such special slides.