It has been drawn to our attention that the promotional material titled ‘Glucose Monitoring Devices’ we distributed to you may have been misleading in some respects. The issues identified are outlined below:
- MARD – Though the MARD values provided are factually correct, MARD is primarily driven by study design and it is not possible (and potentially misleading) to compare MARD values as an indicator for accuracy across different studies that do not have a similar study design.
- Incorrect information reported on the Abbott Freestyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System in respect of the following:
- Need for confirmatory finger prick
- Insulin pump connectivity
- Alarms and alerts
In addition to the above, the Dexcom G4 Platinum System, Dexcom G5 Mobile System and MiniMed640G with Elite sensor & Guardian 2 link transmitter are Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems which should not have been compared to the Freestyle Libre which is a Flash Glucose Monitoring System.
AMSL requests that you disregard all comparative information included in this piece. We also wish to withdraw this advertisement and request that you:
- Destroy any copies you may have in your possession
Published 29th June 2017.